ServiceCorps Fellows represent ServiceCorps, our Corporate Partners, and our Social Sector Partners wherein they serve.
Likewise, the Advisory Board members represent many stakeholders in their role as part of the ServiceCorps team.
Upon agreeing to serve on the Advisory Board of ServiceCorps, a board member’s reputation becomes linked with the reputation of ServiceCorps. Recognizing this fact, it is critical that Advisory Board members carefully consider their actions on social media and use discretion about the language, photos, and other content posted to those profiles.
As a 501c3, ServiceCorps may not engage in advancing partisan political statements or issue endorsements of candidates or parties. While this restriction does not extend to Advisory Board members, members should make sure their political speech is not perceived to represent the views of ServiceCorps.
Tips about your online presence:
- Audit your personal online presence:
- Google yourself and curate, where possible, what can be learned about you online. Publicly available content should be limited to that which is professional and up-to-date.
- Update any out-of-date information, asking the owners of sites outside your own control to make such changes where applicable.
- Create the content you want to see: Use a Google Plus page or LinkedIn profile to put forward the professional information you would want someone to see when they search your name.
- Use Google news alerts to receive notifications when your name appears in the media or anywhere new online.
Advisory Board members may add serving on the Advisory Board of the ServiceCorps to their LinkedIn profile/resume. Though it is not required, please feel free to use the language below to describe your position:
Sample Founding Team Member Description
Member of the Advisory Board of ServiceCorps, the first leadership capital development program, which places corporate-bound college graduates into full-time service positions for one year and ensures job and loan security. The mission of ServiceCorps is to build and mobilize a lifelong community of courageous leaders collaborating to advance justice & opportunity for all.
ServiceCorps LinkedIn page: