Congratulations on receiving an offer to join GE!
Your demonstrated track record of hard work and achievement—in one of the longest and most competitive undergraduate recruiting processes—has been nothing short of extraordinary. We are further impressed by the confidence that GE has placed in you as recognized by this, your official nomination to apply for the ServiceCorps Fellowship.
The transition between college and career is unlike any other turning point in our lives. For the first time, the 22-year tide of uniformity gives way to a rush of individualism. As graduation approaches, our choices, both good and bad, gradually become ours and ours alone to make. The consequences of those choices set us on a trajectory that ultimately defines not only the men and women we become, but also the impact we make on the world.
But as we leave college, are we truly prepared to make these difficult choices? More importantly, are we prepared to get them right? While high school prepares us for college, and college prepares us for career, what prepares us for life?
The ServiceCorps Fellowship is our response to that very question.
The mission of ServiceCorps is to empower emerging leaders—You!—to embrace a lifelong Ethic of Service. Absolutely nothing drives us more than leveraging the unique power of service to prepare you to become the best leader that you can be. To accomplish this, we partner across geographies and sectors—private, public, and nonprofit—to build and mobilize a lifelong community of courageous leaders committed to advancing opportunity for all.
Over the course of the two-year ServiceCorps Fellowship we make a major investment in you:
1. Nonprofit Placement: A yearlong full-time position at a high-performing, high-impact nonprofit organization working to increase opportunity
2. New Leadership Academy: 4-weeks of intensive leadership development training
3. Ongoing Curriculum: Group leadership development training and individual leadership coaching
4. Living Stipend: A total stipend package ranging from $30-35,000 (with the potential for additional early relocation assistance)
5. Benefits: A complete benefits package benchmarked to the corporate benefits packages (health, dental, vision, 401(k)
6. Secure Corporate Job: Your corporate sponsor job offer remains secure for 1 year
7. Access to The Councils: www.serviceyear.org/the-councils
8. Network for Life
The result of our investment in you is an education in personal growth and character development unlike any other opportunity available today. When you complete the ServiceCorps Fellowship, you will have the experience, tools, network, and, most importantly, the spark to succeed in your career and to best serve your community.
The day will soon come when you have the opportunity to make the world a better place. And when that day comes, we are confident that, in the words of Anne Frank, “[you won't have] to wait, but can start right now to gradually change the world...by giving of [yourself].”
Founder & CEO, ServiceCorps
Questions? Send me an email at email@example.com or schedule a call http://meetme.so/serviceyear