How It Works
How To Become A ServiceCorps Fellow
At ServiceCorps, service is the medium through which our Fellows transform from high-potential to high-impact, socially responsible leaders. The Nomination, Application, Match, and Placement processes are all designed to expertly place Fellows with one of our Social Sector Partner organizations where they can maximize their contribution while growing professionally and as individuals.
Core to our philosophy, Service Placements are determined through the mutual needs and desires of both our Fellows and Social Sector Partners in an atmosphere of transparency and collaboration.
The online application and informational interview help ServiceCorps to get to know the whole person: professionally, personally, communally. The ServiceCorps application process evaluates nominees based on non-discriminatory objective criteria.
Benefits Of Becoming A Fellow
- Living Stipend: The competitive living stipend is akin to the average salary of a first-year full-time employee at a nonprofit organization (varies depending on geography)
- Benefits: A complete benefits package (health and retirement)
- Social Sector Partner Placement: A yearlong full-time position at a high-performing, high-impact nonprofit organization
- Leadership Capital Institute: One week "boot camp" program to kick off the year
- Leadership Capital Trek: International service immersion trip
- ServiceOnSight: 2-4 regional training retreats
- Service Seminars: Monthly classes
- Launch Weekend & Launch Night: Closing weekend and celebration
- ServiceCorps Summit: Annual conference and graduation
- Network for life: Graduates of our ServiceCorps Fellowship will be inducted into our alumni network, The Corps