How It Works
How To Become A ServiceCorps Fellow
Fellow Nomination and Selection
Unlike other highly selective post-college programs such as Teach For America and Venture For America, ServiceCorps does not recruit applicants. Similar to the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships, which require the endorsement of an applicant’s university, applicants to ServiceCorps are nominated by our Corporate Partners only after receiving a job offer. Once nominated, candidates may opt-in to apply for ServiceCorps.
The ServiceCorps application process evaluates nominees based on non-discriminatory objective criteria. The online application and informational interview help ServiceCorps to get to know the whole person: professionally, personally, communally.
At ServiceCorps, service is the medium through which our Fellows transform from high-potential to high-impact, socially responsible leaders. The Nomination, Application, Match, and Placement processes are all designed to expertly place Fellows with one of our Social Sector Partner organizations where they can maximize their contribution while growing professionally and as individuals.
Core to our philosophy, Service Placements are determined through the mutual needs and desires of both our Fellows and Social Sector Partners in an atmosphere of transparency and collaboration.
Benefits Of Becoming A Fellow
- Secure Corporate Job: Corporate job offer remains secure for 1 year
- Living Stipend: Salary akin to the average salary of a first-year full-time employee at a nonprofit organization (varies depending on geography)
- Benefits: A complete benefits package (health and retirement)
- Social Sector Partner Placement: A yearlong full-time position at a high-performing, high-impact nonprofit organization
- Leadership Capital Institute: Two one week long training programs
- ServiceOnSight: 2-4 regional training retreats
- Service Seminars: Biweekly classes
- Launch Weekend & Launch Night: Closing weekend and celebration
- ServiceCorps Summit: Annual conference and graduation
- Network for life: Graduates of our ServiceCorps Fellowship will be inducted into our alumni network, The Corps