- What is ServiceCorps?
Our mission is to build and mobilize a lifelong community of courageous leaders to advance the movement for opportunity equity. We empower emerging leaders to serve for one year at the finest nonprofit and public organizations.
At ServiceCorps, we envision a future where the most talented emerging leaders engage in society's most difficult challenges in the first year of their careers and every year thereafter.
- How does ServiceCorps work?
Upon selection by ServiceCorps, Fellows secure jobs and serve full-time at well-known and respected nonprofit organizations for the one year fellowship.
After a year of service and rigorous leadership development training provided by ServiceCorps, Fellows become more mature, socially-engaged leaders who are poised to make greater contributions to their companies and communities.
- Which kinds of nonprofit organizations fit our criteria of ServiceCorps Certified?
We seek placement organizations that fit the following criteria:
- High-Performing, High-Impact: We work with large and small, old and new nonprofit organizations that excel in professionalism, efficiency, and results.
- Fellow Experience: We work with organizations that can provide Fellows with a nurturing environment that challenges, supports, and empowers their passion and talents.
- Skin In The Game: We work with organizations that can make a modest financial contribution to ServiceCorps.
- Who is the ServiceCorps relevant to?
ServiceCorps is a cross sector national service program bridging the gap between top college grads who are poised to make an impact on day one of their career and every year thereafter and high-impact nonprofits that choose to utilize top college grads and deploy them as a valuable member of their team as a full-time employees.
- Do I need to apply to be a part of the ServiceCorps Nonprofit Placement Process?
While you can browse and search for our Fellows to fill positions with your organization, you will need to apply to become ServiceCorps Certified in order to be approved to host a Fellow(s).
- What access do nonprofits get when they become ServiceCorps Certified?
As an organization that is ServiceCorps Certified, you will have access to our restricted site that holds all materials relevant to the placement process and being a host organization. ServiceCorps will compile your provided information into a profile and help match you with Fellows that we believe are the best fit at your organization. You will also have full access to review all of our Fellows and decide which Fellows you would like to be linked to.
- Where will Fellows be located?
We currently have placements with our partners in Boston and New York City.
- How will performance be measured during ServiceCorps?
Performance reviews are essential and required for Fellows. Nonprofits will be utilizing their HR internal evaluations for regular full-time employees when conducting reviews with Fellows. ServiceCorps believes in transparency and asks for copies of all evaluations.
- Will Fellows be placed with other Fellows at nonprofits or could they be the only Fellow working for an organization?
Fellows may be placed with or without other Fellows at their nonprofit organization. Fellows will participate in a bi-monthly professional development course with all Fellows in their city.
- If I am having a technical problem or any other types of problems-what should I do?
You may reach out to us with an email directly to email@example.com and we will respond in a timely fashion.