Shared Values — a cause and an action.
Health Care For All
Mission: We work to create a consumer centered health care system that provides comprehensive, affordable, accessible, and culturally competent care to everyone, especially the most vulnerable among us. We achieve this as leaders in public policy, advocacy, education and direct service to consumers in Massachusetts.
About: HCFA provides direct service to Massachusetts consumers through:
- Our free telephone and email HelpLine service, which provides education and enrollment assistance with health coverage
- Our regional enrollments events, which provide in-person education and enrollment assistance with health coverage
- Providing culturally competent, easy-to-read educational materials about health and health insurance at community events
HCFA advocates on behalf of consumers through:
- Leading a number of statewide coalitions that operate collaboratively to represent the needs of consumers in policy/legislation around health care and health care access
- Providing technical assistance and training to community based organizations and state-designated "enrollment assisters" to help consumers navigate health insurance and access to care
- Providing training to service organizations to better communicate with their constituents about health insurance
- Leading consumer teams to advocate directly to legislators around our key priorities, including a consumer centered cost agenda that focuses on reducing out-of-pocket costs
Partner Since: 2016
Founder (year established): Katherine Villers (1985)